"OK, really they have what?"
Well, as many of you already have heard about our visit to the doctors office yesterday afternoon it was eventful to say the least. Mommy wanted to take both of us in, because we have had a runny nose and a cough for too long so she wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to worry about. Well... She and Nana (our Nana came along to lend a extra hand at the office) were very shocked to hear the prognosis...
James has allergies. Seasonal, allergic to pets, dust? Who knows! Those would have been excellent questions to have asked , but Mommy's brain froze (Mommy guilt #1). So James has to take a little medicine before bedtime and that should make him feel better and dry up his little nose.
Next, it was my turn. Dun, dun...
Next, it was my turn. Dun, dun...
First, the doctor looked in my ears and said I have an ear infection in the right ear (Mommy guilt #2). I guess my signals were not as obvious for Mommy and Daddy to have noticed. The doctor said all I have to do is take some antibiotics 2x a day for 10 days and that should clear it up. No problem!
Then, the doctor listens to my chest, and continues to move the cold, circular metal thingy around to have a better listen. Then, he looks up and says "I think she could have Asthma." (Mommy guilt #3) Well, I have no clue what that means other than it could be related to a "ma" of some sort. I looked at my Mommy and Nana and they both looked stunned. The doctor wanted to try a breathing treatment in the office to see if it would break up the airways a little so that he could rule out Asthma for the time being. He said he usually gives his patiences two free Wheezes before diagnosing Asthma. So, the nurse came in with that breathing mask contraption and boy I wanted no part of it! After, the nurse and my Mommy wrestled with me for awhile, it was finally over and the doctor took a second listen to my lungs. He said there was no improvement, "she has Asthma." So, after my Mommy was told all of the directions that are needed for my daily treatments (don't worry she had him write down all of the medications and directions, because her brain was now having a meltdown), there was one more thing that I needed to have checked. I have had little red patches of skin in the folds behind my knee that we didn't know what was causing them. Well, those are called another scary word, eczema (Mommy guilt #4) . Mommy has to put some special cream on those red areas and then they should go away in no time.
So, that's that in a nutshell. Mommy has begun deep cleaning James room from top to bottom. She will begin tearing up my room as well. Mommy said she wants the house as dust free and germ free as possible for the time being. So, we will go back in a week (it will also be my 9 month check-up) to see if there is any improvement in all or any of our aliments.
2 comments:
And look who has a smile on her face through it all! What a happy girl.
Hang in there everyone!
Love,
Josh
Thanks for the encouraging words Josh!
Post a Comment