Friday, July 4, 2008

Look up in the sky!


We are getting ready for take off!


Here's James' House! If you look closely, you can see Mommy waving in the backyard with Tyler by her side! "Hi, Mommy!"
"You all look like little ants!"
Papa Bob took this really cool picture of the Chicago! What a beautiful day for a flying. Now, you might be wondering how Papa Bob took pictures while flying an airplane? Well, while Papa Bob was taking pictures, Daddy was flying the airplane! Daddy flew almost the entire time we were up in the sky! I never knew Daddy could fly! Great flying Daddy!!!
This picture was taken right after we landed. Papa and Daddy opened the windows after the plane has touched down on the runway. As you can see it can get pretty windy! But, it sure felt good!

Needless to say, I had a wonderful time on my first airplane ride! Daddy told Mommy that I was a little nervous at first. I wasn't sure if I like the whole idea that the ground was so far away. I kept asking "Daddy, GROUND? Daddy, GROUND?!" But then I took a little catnap for a few minutes and when I awoke I was relaxed and ready to enjoy the flight. Papa and Daddy gave me a big job, I had to help look for other airplanes in the sky. Well, little do they know that I have countless hours of experience doing just that! I even pointed a couple planes out before Daddy and Papa even spotted them (well, I am a little obsessed with spotting airplanes where ever we go you know). I was sure glad I could help out!
Today, was a fantastic adventure up in the sky! Thanks Papa Bob for taking Daddy and me for a plane ride! Can we do it again?!?!?! PLEASE!!!

3 comments:

Her and Her and Him said...

We have known James has been growing up but goodness does he look like a big boy sitting in the plane. James sounds like any first time plane passanger..."wait we are where?!" Awesome pictures! Glad to hear that you got to put the wonderful hobby of yours to good use James!

Love,
Heather

Nana said...

Hi James, Papa Bob had a wonderful time taking his two boys up in his airplane. You were such a brave boy!!!!! Love, Nana

Bom said...

So, I've seen all your & Amelia's great toys on the blog, but it sure looks like Papa Bob has better ones. I love the pictures you guys took of your Mom, and the city of Chicago is beautiful.

Enjoy, James! It's so awesome that you 3 boys got to take that wonderful adventure together.

Josh's Grandma