Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ouch! My 6 Month Check up

Well, I survived...barely!

So here's the scoop:
Weight- 14lbs 9oz (James' weight at 2 months!)
Length-25 1/2 inches (I grew 1/2 inch)
Head Circumference- 40.5cm ( I have a itty-bitty head)
My doctor said I am very happy and healthy little girl. Mommy was a little worried with my petite size though. She can't help compare my size to my big brother size, but my doctor told her that I am growing perfectly and that I am just a little peanut (I must take after my Grandma Judy!)
Now, for the torturing part:
I got my ears, eye and throat looked at with a bright light thingy, interesting gadget but not very fun. Next, my doctor made sure that my legs worked fine by moving them back and forth, up and down and he made sure my head was smooth and round. Then, my doctor used this a cold, metal doodad that was attached to a black necklace to check how well I reacted to ice cold metal things that are placed on my tummy (mommy said he used that to hear what was going on in my tummy and chest, but I thought that was what your ears are for). Finally, I had to show him how well I can roll over and try to sit on my own. Then all of a sudden it hit me. "Now, I remember this guy! He's the one that pokes me in my legs and makes them hurt a lot." And then it happen, "whaaa!!!" I got 4, count them 4 shots and I had to drink some not too bad tasting stuff too. My doctor is a nice guy and all but, really do we have to end each visit with tears and boo-boos?!




Now, it's time for a nap!

3 comments:

Aunt Annie said...

I am very glad that you got through your check up. I know you are a strong girl. And will grow up to be a beauitful girl. Love you!
A.A.

Her and Her and Him said...

I feel for you Amelia!! I was in your spot not to long ago and it was no fun. There is nothing like a good nap to help you recover! One day will get back at these doctors for all their poking and proding torture. I like the cool bandaids you got!

Hope you're feeling better!

Hammy Babies said...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support! I am feeling much better. -Amelia