Thursday, June 18, 2009

WIPE OUT! (The TV show)

Well, last night Amelia surprised us once again with a burst of new words adding to her expanding vocabulary. Last night's new word was " Mama, volume please."
First, I should add that Amelia was upset when I switched that channel from Wipe Out, so we turned back to the show and she was thrilled. OMG! Then, she was still dissatisfied so she asked (slightly demanded) me turn the volume up! I nearly fell off the couch (maybe from pure exhaustion from no sleep the night before), I couldn't believe my ears. This little girl knows and understands the world a lot more than I give her credit for.
Later on Grandma Judy and Papa came over to take Amelia for the night so I could care for James. Shortly after they drove away, Grandma Judy called me to let me know that Amelia was asking where is the "movie" in the car! They picked her up in Grandma Judy's truck (without a DVD player) not Papa's truck which has a DVD player.
So, the moral of the story...
time to turn off the TV!!!
(Please excuse the messy house!)

1 comment:

Her and Her and Him said...

Amelia is such a big girl, rapidly approaching the big two! I think we forget how big these kiddos are because we want to keep them our babies forever! We are impressed with her expressive language and can't wait to hear what comes out of her next!

And the Wipeout show is a good time. We could see why she may have protested when you turned the channel! We'll have to start watching that around here.

:) Josh's Mom